TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Has anyone else read 'In Fury Born'?

• Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
 #34783  by John Parker
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:53 am
Officially it isn't part of the Honorverse but is still one of my favorite David Weber novels. It was compiled from a previous story with a newly written section. The original story was written in 1992 (just after 'On Basilisk Station' in 1992). He added a new section and released it again in 2006 in between At All Costs and Mission of Honor. Alicia DeVries is also an excellent heroine (even if she is a Marine ;-). I wish there had been more but it just didn't show enough interest to continue with, I assume.
 #34785  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:30 am
I also have read it. It is an interesting story, with a strong protagonist, but as you say it seem not to have aroused as much interest as the Honorverse or the Safehold Series. Was there something in particular you wished to discuss?

PS: You might want to be careful with that "even if she is a marine" thing. ;)
Larissa Lichty liked this
 #34826  by James Falconburg
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:42 am
I have both versions, and have read both. I vaguely recal David talking about wanting to return and write a prequel for this in one of the videos on youtube.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

#34828  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 am
As it stands right now, I am waiting for Mr. Weber to publish anything new. I think I have read everything that lists his name as an author. He and Tim Zahn and Eric Flint are my current favorite three authors.

I do miss the Pern books from Anne McCaffrey, though I just discovered that her son and daughter have continued to write about Pern. I've ordered daughter Gigi's book. Of course, she also wrote the Killashandra Ree Crystal Singer series.
 #34832  by Laura Lochen, 1SL
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm
Yeah, I’ve read it, really liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #34865  by Jackie Snedden
 Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 am
I have read both versions and really enjoyed them. I pester David at conventions about writing another one.
 #34891  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:55 am
Jackie Snedden wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 am
I have read both versions and really enjoyed them. I pester David at conventions about writing another one.
Please pass on my pester. :D
 #35666  by Trudy Vandeventer
 Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 am
That is one of my all time favorite books. I have 2 copies, one to read and the other one to put up. It is autographed by Mr. Weber. I have read it about 30 or more times. It is just as good the last time I read it as the first time read it. So looking forward to the next installment of the Three Furies again. ;)

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!