TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• New member here

• Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
 #37663  by Robert Hamlin
 Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 pm
In examining the website for my assigned ship it does appear to have been updated for several years. Whom should I address this with please?

Thanks in advance,
Bob Hamlin
Terry Street liked this
 #37664  by Duane Kietzmann
 Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:35 pm
Where do you live?
There are physical ships that may be close to you, but there are correspondence ships that due to their distance between their members mainly operate on social media such as Facebook messenger.
Let me invite you to consider the ship that I am Captain of the HMS Chimera CLAC-07 we are based out of Salem Oregon but as our crewmembers are spread out all over Oregon and Washington we are mainly a correspondence ship communicating on Facebook Messenger and Facebook.
If you have any questions I would be happy to help with answering them and help you in making your decision.

Captain Duane Kietzmann
CO HMS Chimera CLAC-07

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Robert Hamlin liked this
 #37669  by Peter Gold
 Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:36 am
How high to you want to aim for and how soon? It would be a bunch of courses, but I'm looking for a Chief Engineer. Comes with the rank of Chief Engineer which is equivalent to Navy O6 (Captain )

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

#37671  by Fair Isle
 Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:42 pm
Hi Bob, welcome to the club!

Your best bet for getting the website updated would be to contact the CO of your chapter. They are the most likely person to know who has access to the site to be able to get it updated. It's not a bad idea to also try to contact the XO and bosun as well. Those three are, hopefully, in regular communication with each other.

I hope this helps!
Robert Hamlin liked this
 #37672  by Zachary White
 Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:56 pm
WELCOME!

What ship are you assigned too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robert Hamlin liked this
 #37702  by Robert Hamlin
 Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:04 pm
I am currently assigned to HMS Rigel in 1st Fleet. It is a chapter that is local to where i live and since meeting the folks in my chapter is important to me I believe i will be staying here. At least for the time being. I have contacted my Co and my Bosun regarding this issue after reading your suggestions above. Thanks again for all the kind responses.
 #37703  by Duane Kietzmann
 Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:21 pm
That sounds like a great ship, remember that you get out of the trmn what you put into it.
So that means that you can be as active as you want to be.
There are many different paths you can follow, and awards to earn.
Do check out the different tests you can take, they're open book with no time limits.
Also by taking the tests is how you can earn the higher ranks.
Everyone here is glad to help and guide you as to what path you decide to choose.
Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Robert Hamlin liked this
 #37719  by Terry Street
 Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:43 pm
Robert Hamlin wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 pm
In examining the website for my assigned ship it does appear to have been updated for several years. Whom should I address this with please?

Thanks in advance,
Bob Hamlin
Spacer Hamlin,

Welcome to Home Fleet !

In addition to being the Fleet Senior Master Chief Petty Officer, I am the acting Electronic Warfare NCO for Home Fleet. Unfortunately, the fleet has been without an EWO for quite some time and many of our web pages have fallen into disrepair as a result. It will likely take quite some time for the fleet to bring all of the sites up to date. In the interim, please feel free to contact your ship's command triad, post in the Forums and communicate on the Facebook and discord pages related to your ship and our Fleet. Feel free to contact me as well.

Was there anything specific you were searching for or were you just hoping to find more information ?
 #37723  by Jon Stout
 Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:48 am
Welcome

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!