TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Pavel Young's Court Martial (Major Spoilers for FoD, mild spoilers to SoV)

• Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
 #10567  by Misha Sumra
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm
Of course Courts-Martial deliberations are secret. Just like they're always entirely impartial and apolitical, taking views solely on the evidence.

So my question is - How would Honor react if she found out that Admiral Hemphill brokered the deal that left Pavel Young broken but alive (and thus contributed to the death of Paul Tankersley, and the duels that left her on half pay)?
 #10572  by Jamey Salsberg
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:20 pm
Uh, Don't you think Admiral White Haven might have told her, eventually? Seems it might have come up in conversation, sooner or later.
 #10577  by Zachary White
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:34 pm
Oh - for a second I thought we were doing another trial!

#frogs

Carry on :)

Ps - I think she'd be pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #10583  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:29 am
Edited: Duplicate post.
Last edited by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #10584  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 am
Commodore, I think you are being excessively polite.

Seething, bubbling lava underneath a dead-pan exterior and facial expression would be my guess. I'm not her, nor female, nor related to her, nor infatuated with her (well, no more so than about 20 million other men), but I am royally perturbed by the mere thought of Pavel Young and his attitude toward women in general - and his persecution of Honor in specific.

No one should get away with that sort of thing - regardless of gender or target.

Regards -
 #10587  by Martin Lessem, FLA
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:47 am
Misha Sumra wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm
So my question is - How would Honor react if she found out that Admiral Hemphill brokered the deal that left Pavel Young broken but alive (and thus contributed to the death of Paul Tankersley, and the duels that left her on half pay)?
So generally, I think that with the benefit of hindsight, Honor would likely be accepting of it. Had Admiral Hemphill *not* stepped up with the compromise, Pavel Young would have walked, and literally gotten away with it again. I think, by the time Admiral Hemphill and Honor, became, if not friends, at least social acquaintances towards the end of the series, that she be sensible enough to recognize that without the compromise, Young would have still killed Paul, and not been a pariah in the RMN
Jackie Snedden liked this

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!