TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Needing assistance

• Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
 #13628  by Bennie Hatcher
 Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 pm
I have decided to work on making a pulse pistol and rifle for my Warrant project but do not have any kind of references to go by, such as artwork or drawings,etc...If anyone has any idea or perhaps a scan or two, please contact me here I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance.
 #13632  by Chris Thompson, 3SL
 Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:17 pm
@Sonja Wolf, CFC could you get this gentleman in touch with Kevin Miramitsu? His Pulser props are probably a good baseline.
 #13655  by Sonja Wolf
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:06 am
Trying to get Bennie and Kevin in touch via Facebook IM, as Kevin has not been on the forums in a while.

Updated:
@Bennie Hatcher, Kevin Replied to the facebook IM.
 #13697  by Bennie Hatcher
 Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm
Email would probably be a better option than Facebook as my schedule tends to go haywire at the oddest of moments.
 #13960  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:18 am
Bennie Hatcher wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 pm
I have decided to work on making a pulse pistol and rifle for my Warrant project but do not have any kind of references to go by, such as artwork or drawings,etc...If anyone has any idea or perhaps a scan or two, please contact me here I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance.
S2 Hatcher -

Please take pictures of your project and post them. Many of us would be very interested in seeing how you produce a viable-appearing pulsar. I would love to make one for my own uniform accoutrements.

Regards -
 #14511  by Bennie Hatcher
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:54 pm
Found a decent copy of Jaynes on sale. I have managed to make a decent res scan of the weapons shown for the RMMC. Will use this as my baseline for size,etc. But before I go further I need to get the permission of AD Astra Games to make a viable physical prototype. Don't think that should be too hard> Wish me luck!
 #14660  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm
Bennie Hatcher wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 pm
Easier than I thought. Since Mr Weber owns all copyrights and has made it clear the TRMN is free to use said imagery without surcharge or permissions...Looks like I'm green-lighted to begin!
I'd suggest making a formal request up the chain of command, though - just as a CYA and a courtesy to Mr. Weber, ye ken.

Regards -

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!