TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Looking for some advice on a reading order

• Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
 #14344  by Krijn Mout
 Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 am
Hello All,

Having scoured the Honorverse wiki and many other pages on the Web, they mostly agree on one thing: After a certain point the timelines of the various mainline books, the anthologies and spin-off series become... Blurred.

Those pages, though often insightful and understanding of the plight of the lowly reader, do not agree on what to do. Which is why I put this before y’all: The assembled minds here are certainly ahead of the bell-curve on matters like insight, friendliness and community-forming fandom. So please help me with this.

I have, over the past year and a half read all the mainline books from On Basilik Station through to At All Costs and have recently completed the Crown Of Slaves series. I also have House Of Steel.
After completing Cauldron of Ghosts, what should I read next?

I would appreciate your points of view!
 #14358  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:30 pm
PFC, there is a post somewhere in this forum that lists all the books in story-time sequence. That inserts the titles of the stories from collections plus the Caldron of Fire and other sub-sets in their order with regard to the HH mainline series. I found that post very helpful.

It seems to me that Commodore Zachary White was the one who made that post. If I recall correctly, perhaps he can post here to provide a link to it.

Regards -
 #14361  by Kevin Smith
 Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:27 pm
I'd say stick to publication order for the main series, Crown of Slaves, Saganami Island, and most of the anthologies (Beginnings can probably be read at any point).

There is overlap in places, but where things need to be brought into sync it's generally done in a fairly obvious ways (to the point of certain scenes being repeated in different books)

The Stephanie Harrington and Uriah Long series are both fairly independent of everything else,
 #14369  by Zachary White
 Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Krijn Mout wrote:Hello All,

Having scoured the Honorverse wiki and many other pages on the Web, they mostly agree on one thing: After a certain point the timelines of the various mainline books, the anthologies and spin-off series become... Blurred.

Those pages, though often insightful and understanding of the plight of the lowly reader, do not agree on what to do. Which is why I put this before y’all: The assembled minds here are certainly ahead of the bell-curve on matters like insight, friendliness and community-forming fandom. So please help me with this.

I have, over the past year and a half read all the mainline books from On Basilik Station through to At All Costs and have recently completed the Crown Of Slaves series. I also have House Of Steel.
After completing Cauldron of Ghosts, what should I read next?

I would appreciate your points of view!
Reading List as it Happened for the Honorverse
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krijn Mout liked this
 #14467  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 am
Zachary White wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Reading List as it Happened for the Honorverse
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, Commodore. That's the link of which I was speaking.

Regards -

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!