TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Gaming Resources for TRMN Members-

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #16803  by Amanda Barrow
 Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 am
Kris Miller wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 am
Amanda Barrow wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am
March 4th??? I have got a HUGE note scribbled on my diary for APRIL 4th... [details to be confirmed]
... is now mildly panicking ...
Doh! Yes, that is a typo.

APRIL 4 is correct!
@Amanda Barrow @Philip Culmer

Phew - have stopped panicking
Philip Culmer liked this
 #16814  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:46 pm
@Jamey Salsberg @Kris Miller, @Philip Culmer - Hmmm. I see.

I guess in today's litigious society what you say makes a sort of cockamamie sense. Doesn't mean I have to like it, though. :P That said, thanks for the explanations and info, Guys.

I'm not gonna hijack the thread, but it seems so sad when people allow the media to scare them (in this case, perhaps literally to death) about something that is, after all, a tool. Seems such a shame not to teach people how to use the tool intelligently, rather than just being fright-mongers. My personal opinion is that the present-day fear of firearms is what creates an overall environment of sheep in pens (gatherings of people in ":gun-free" zones) waiting to be slaughtered. 'Nuff said. If anyone wants to discuss that further, please PM or e-mail me.

Jamey, I'll look into the sims and other electronic stuff. However, I still think Vets or active-duty personnel should be allowed to claim awards based on previously-demonstrated RL skills.
 #16817  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:13 pm
I've done a bit of research on line about target-shooting games. The only free ones I can find either require a person to turn off ad blockers so you can be showered with advertising, or else require downloading some high-speed gaming utility like Adobe Flash. I won't do the former, and somewhat bitter experience has caused me to categorically not use any Adobe products.

JIMHO, it would be lovely if someone (I don't have the current programming skills) would design a simple target-shooting game and get it approved by the brass upstairs so we have a standardized game we all could use.
 #40018  by Ronald Rozier
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:00 am
John Fairbairn, KCE wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:46 pm
However, I still think Vets or active-duty personnel should be allowed to claim awards based on previously-demonstrated RL skills.
They literally do, if you are in the US Army or USMC they are shiny dangly things that go under your ribbons on your USA or USMC uniforms as appropriate.
 #40019  by Ronald Rozier
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:04 am
Peter Gold wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 am
Iain Chiswell-Carter wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:20 pm
Ooh, thank you for the links! I didn't even KNOW there was a Honorverse RPG available and I've had my eye on SITS since I first learned of it...
Regrettably there is only the one quick start adventure published so far for the Honorverse RPG.
every been a DnD dungeon master?
 #40020  by Peter Gold
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:23 am
Ronald Rozier wrote:
Peter Gold wrote:

Regrettably there is only the one quick start adventure published so far for the Honorverse RPG.
Yes, years ago, using AD&D 1st edition.
Issue was there was not a complete rule book, only the quick start adventure and Quick Start Rules.

If you have ideas, and are willing to create complete adventures, talk to Final Sword. The Quick Start adventure and limited rules were based upon D6 Epic
 #40021  by Ronald Rozier
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:07 am
Peter Gold wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:23 am
Ronald Rozier wrote:
Peter Gold wrote:

I have never even read the books, so i have minimal honorverse knowledge
Yes, years ago, using AD&D 1st edition.
Issue was there was not a complete rule book, only the quick start adventure and Quick Start Rules.

If you have ideas, and are willing to create complete adventures, talk to Final Sword. The Quick Start adventure and limited rules were based upon D6 Epic

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!