TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

  • Marksmanship Tracking Sheet (based on RMA-Standards as per AO 1803-03) v1.6

  • Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #19606  by Christopher Bayonet
 Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm
In looking through the AD I also noticed that there's a limit in how many hours a member can earn for any activity based on percentage of time needed for their next level.

I need to recode a significant chuck of data towards this... it will be pushing back the next release by a little bit longer. Estimated date for new release is about June 1st due to the recording needed as well as completion of a few other areas.
 #20674  by Christopher Bayonet
 Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:50 am
Erik Plossl wrote:How are you coming on the new version? I know we're working on trying to get some members up with Marksmanship awards, so I was curious how you were coming on this.
Had to take a break from it last week due to work. It should be finished by Saturday hopefullly

Sent from my NS-P11A8100 using Tapatalk

 #20761  by Kevin Walsh
 Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:05 am
I have bashed together a really basic database for tracking second fleet marksmanship Awards, its done with the newest version of M$ Access

its currently set up with the following datafields
Name
Rank
Ship
Pistol Award
Rifle Award

is this something anybody else might find useful? everything possible uses pull down menus, and updating is quick and painless
 #20775  by Christopher Bayonet
 Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:15 pm
Kevin Walsh wrote:I have bashed together a really basic database for tracking second fleet marksmanship Awards, its done with the newest version of M$ Access

its currently set up with the following datafields
Name
Rank
Ship
Pistol Award
Rifle Award

is this something anybody else might find useful? everything possible uses pull down menus, and updating is quick and painless
I will have the excel version out this weekend.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

 #20884  by Tamera Tozer-Kilts
 Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 am
We've found another issue. The hours logged in the RMA section of an individual page are not aggregating correctly in the RMN/RMMC and Grayson sections.

For example in cell F38 it currently reads:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(MAX(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

I believe it should read:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(sum(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

If I am correct, this will aggregate equivelent riffle hours. The same would aply to the pistol cell F39.

Thank you for your attention.
 #20886  by Andrew Sivula
 Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 am
Based on the AO you do not add the weapon specializations together to get the rmn weapon qualification, you take the highest one and use that one, that is why its listed as max not sum
Tamera Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 am
We've found another issue. The hours logged in the RMA section of an individual page are not aggregating correctly in the RMN/RMMC and Grayson sections.

For example in cell F38 it currently reads:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(MAX(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

I believe it should read:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(sum(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

If I am correct, this will aggregate equivelent riffle hours. The same would aply to the pistol cell F39.

Thank you for your attention.
 #20889  by Christopher Bayonet
 Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 am
That's not an issue... It is as per AO.

The only cummulative award is the Grayson Marksmanship award.
Tamera Tozer-Kilts wrote:We've found another issue. The hours logged in the RMA section of an individual page are not aggregating correctly in the RMN/RMMC and Grayson sections.

For example in cell F38 it currently reads:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(MAX(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

I believe it should read:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(sum(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

If I am correct, this will aggregate equivelent riffle hours. The same would aply to the pistol cell F39.

Thank you for your attention.
Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

 #20890  by Christopher Bayonet
 Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:01 am
Andrew Sivula wrote:Based on the AO you do not add the weapon specializations together to get the rmn weapon qualification, you take the highest one and use that one, that is why its listed as max not sum
Tamera Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 am
We've found another issue. The hours logged in the RMA section of an individual page are not aggregating correctly in the RMN/RMMC and Grayson sections.

For example in cell F38 it currently reads:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(MAX(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

I believe it should read:
=IF(Name<>"",IFERROR(sum(F29,F26,F30,F33),""),"")

If I am correct, this will aggregate equivelent riffle hours. The same would aply to the pistol cell F39.

Thank you for your attention.
Also I will note, as I have said previously, the version thatcis circulating is obsolete... I am about to release the first patch of the new one soon.

It has all the coding errors corrected and will be compliant for black sphinx reporting.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue



Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!