TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• While we are stuck at home...

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #35598  by Jana Otahal
 Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:46 am
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, conventions and events are being cancelled (understandably so), and we are asked to stay at home, which limits our social interactions and possibilities, in which we can get together and enjoy a game or two together. However - I wanted to take these few moments, to say that when it comes to gaming, we aren't completelly at loss. We can still enjoy our time together, without any risk to each other. Here are at least some suggestions as to how:

Discord - Many of you are familiar with the application already, as TRMN started utilizing the platform for org-wide communication. And better yet - it can be used for many purposes - be it social gathering/chatting, but also quite naturally - gaming.

Tabletop RPGs - Some of you are used to meeting with your friends and sharing a session of your favorite Tabletop RPG system. Nothing is truly lost, if that's the case, even in current situation. You can easily meet up on Discord, and utilize its' voice-chat system/channels to meet with your group, and continue your games. Granted, it takes some adapting to the 'online' version, but it can be done. For example - Many of the most popular RPG systems have even dice-bots that you can use for your dice-rolls, as needed. Maps can be shared as images online easily enough too. The possibilities are there.

Online games - Many online games are easy to get into, with several already active communities within the organization. I point you to my older topic, with links to several active gaming communities within TRMN. And if there's not a game you enjoy, and that allows to play with others - post! On the forums, on our Discord servers. Reach out!

I believe that the main thing is to really try and reach out to each other, within the safety and possibilities at our disposal. There are games that are impossible to do, without meeting in person, but with little invention, there are a lot of games, that can be played even online.

Last, but definitelly not least - Do you have an idea for running a gaming session? Or a tabletop RPG campaign? Or really, any other idea, how to involve others? Reach out - I'll do my best to help you to facilitate the space for it on the TRMN Gaming Discord.

With all that said, I hope everyone is safe and well.
I'll see you on the other side.
This is your Staff Tactical Officer signing off.

PS: CAPT(JG) @Alex Shaffer is planning to run a beginner Star Wars themed Tabletop RPG session this weekend. Contact him, if you are interested in giving it a try.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!