TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Pistol Marksmanship Credits question

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #37878  by Neil Simpson
 Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:44 pm
I've been perusing the marksmanship manual and I've got a question. (Apologies if this has already been answered)

So I know that if spacer example plays a rpg for three hours they get credits equal to three hours multiplied by the appropriate modifier for having other tRMN members in the game.

The question is what happens if our eponymous hero goes LARPing. For example on Friday time in is at 7pm and time out is at 2am on Saturday morning (7 hours), Saturday times in at 10am and times out at 2am on Sunday morning (16 hours) and Sunday times in at 10am and times out at 3pm (5 hours). Does spacer example tot up the hours then multiply the 28 hours by the appropriate modifier or do they do something else?

I would say 'asking for a friend' but I'm interested in the answer too :)
 #37881  by William Karnesky
 Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:18 pm
Spacer Example would total up the hours of each day individually, and calculate the credits (and multiplier) for each day separately.

However, LARPing is considered Grenade Launcher[1] which gets combined with the Rifle Category for RMN members[2], not Pistol.

It should also be noted that the LARP should be a dedicated LARP activity and not, for example, the SCA where the main purpose is gathering and community with the LARPing as only a minor component.[3]

In service,
William E Karnesky, KDE, OG, CBM
Lieutenant Commander, RMN
Deputy Staff Tactical Officer, Office of the FLA

[1]http://wiki.trmn.org/wiki/index.php/BuP ... :GameTypes
[2]http://wiki.trmn.org/wiki/index.php/BuP ... alculating
[3] "NOTE: The SCA is specifically not a LARP by designation of the FLA, as the purpose of the organization is more “society” than “game.”" http://wiki.trmn.org/wiki/index.php/BuP ... :GameTypes
 #37882  by Neil Simpson
 Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 pm
William Karnesky wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:18 pm
Spacer Example would total up the hours of each day individually, and calculate the credits (and multiplier) for each day separately.

However, LARPing is considered Grenade Launcher[1] which gets combined with the Rifle Category for RMN members[2], not Pistol.

It should also be noted that the LARP should be a dedicated LARP activity and not, for example, the SCA where the main purpose is gathering and community with the LARPing as only a minor component.[3]

In service,
William E Karnesky, KDE, OG, CBM
Lieutenant Commander, RMN
Deputy Staff Tactical Officer, Office of the FLA
Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I'm talking LARP not SCA (UK based here).

The reason I took it as a pistol related award is the fact that p5 of the Marksmanship Handbook (24 Sept 2019 version) says GL fall under pistol. I only downloaded that at the end of May. Is the book entry a typo or did I miss a change in categories? I'd like to have the facts straight before I brief my crew :)
 #37883  by William Karnesky
 Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:33 am
Neil Simpson wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 pm
Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I'm talking LARP not SCA (UK based here).

The reason I took it as a pistol related award is the fact that p5 of the Marksmanship Handbook (24 Sept 2019 version) says GL fall under pistol. I only downloaded that at the end of May. Is the book entry a typo or did I miss a change in categories? I'd like to have the facts straight before I brief my crew :)
It was an error[1] in the manual, the most recent version of the manual is the wiki version I posted.

[1]viewtopic.php?p=34502#p34502
Neil Simpson liked this

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!