TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Battletech Campaign

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #41911  by Alex Shaffer
 Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:16 pm
I am currently setting up a Battletech Campaign set during the Hanseatic Crusade over in the TRMN Gaming discord, still working on the plans for the games, but will be running training sessions if people are interested in learning how to play Battletech, next game will be this Saturday, 10/9 at 9:30 am HST (12:30pm PST) doing a simple scenario. If anyone is interested let me know.
 #41986  by Alex Shaffer
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:49 am
next training day will be 10/23 at 12:30pm PST
William Karnesky liked this
 #42008  by Brad Lee
 Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:22 pm
What platform are you using? MegaMek/MekHQ or in person?
 #42009  by William Karnesky
 Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:34 pm
Brad Lee wrote:
Tabletop Simulator. It is available on Steam for $20, and frequently goes on sale for $10. It has been used on the TRMN discord for a number of board games, so it is a decent investment even aside from the Battletech games.

I do like Megamek, but I much prefer running and especially teaching games on TTS so used TTS many months ago to teach others on the discord. It's being just a physics simulator makes it a lot easier to pull in random things like initiative decks or custom scenario rules, and makes it easy to set up examples for people, and I think that has rubbed off on Alex and his choice of TTS to host his games.
 #42011  by Brad Lee
 Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:31 am
William Karnesky wrote:
Brad Lee wrote:
Tabletop Simulator. It is available on Steam for $20, and frequently goes on sale for $10. It has been used on the TRMN discord for a number of board games, so it is a decent investment even aside from the Battletech games.

I do like Megamek, but I much prefer running and especially teaching games on TTS so used TTS many months ago to teach others on the discord. It's being just a physics simulator makes it a lot easier to pull in random things like initiative decks or custom scenario rules, and makes it easy to set up examples for people, and I think that has rubbed off on Alex and his choice of TTS to host his games.
Ah ok, yeah I've had TTS for years, been awhile since I played it. Any DLCs or workshop content needed, or just host-side downloads with the base game?
 #42012  by Alex Shaffer
 Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:29 am
Brad Lee wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:31 am
William Karnesky wrote:
Brad Lee wrote:

Ah ok, yeah I've had TTS for years, been awhile since I played it. Any DLCs or workshop content needed, or just host-side downloads with the base game?
Host side, I have the mechs and can set up the table easily enough. Also had been doing a number of 40k...early 8e want to say, but dropped out of it as a number of the people in the group were real bad about things going bad for them. Being able to play with TRMN folks really got me back into using TTS though.
 #42945  by William Karnesky
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:22 pm
Albert Beddow wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 pm
I'm interested, but have to get TTS. I'll look into it.
I know Alex had this on hold from before the holidays, I'd keep and eye for a sale on TTS (it frequently drops to $10 and is worth it beyond for this campaign) but wait to hear from Alex if he plans on restarting it.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!