TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Let The Games Begin!

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #12842  by Jeffrey A. Webb
 Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm
Greetings, Programs.

I'm your Friendly Neighborhood Director of Army Marksmanship and I love nothing more than seeing folks rolling dice, playing cards, grabbing a joystick or game pad or otherwise enjoying themselves with other TRMN members- or better yet, future members.

So, let's get some discussions going about games and gaming. What kinds of games does your unit enjoy playing? Are there new ones, or old ones, or obscure ones that you think TRMN needs to hear about? Toss some out there, and let us know!
Fair Isle liked this
 #12859  by Jeffrey A. Webb
 Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm
Karl Gallagher wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:20 pm
Ogre is the one HMS Homer has played the most--the original Kill the CP scenario, some GEV scenarios, and Ogre Objective 281.
I just started playing Objective 281 a couple of months ago. As a two-player card game, it's a fun way to kill some time between bigger scenarios or games.
Karl Gallagher liked this
 #12860  by Robert Day
 Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:37 pm
I play World of Warships and have been told that there was an offical clan to join for calucations. So far on the US Server I have found 5 TRMN clan, but do not know which to belong to so that I can get recognition. Anyone know?
 #12866  by Duane Kietzmann
 Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 pm
Also do be aware that they have brought out the board game Ogre as a computer game, it has online player vs player capability.
It's available through Steam.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#12868  by Jeffrey A. Webb
 Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Duane Kietzmann wrote:
Also do be aware that they have brought out the board game Ogre as a computer game, it has online player vs player capability.
It's available through Steam.

I believe Captain Carsten and Chief Sardeson of the GNS Barbara Bancroft are already playing... :) I might score this game, too. I'd love to get some OGRE started across TRMN.
Tracy Newby liked this
 #12871  by Brad Lee
 Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 pm
Started playing Battlefront II, also dabble in WoW, STO, and EVE Online.
 #12873  by Kris Miller
 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 am
Jeffrey A. Webb wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Duane Kietzmann wrote:
It's available through Steam...
I believe Captain Carsten and Chief Sardeson of the GNS Barbara Bancroft are already playing... :) I might score this game, too. I'd love to get some OGRE started across TRMN.
I'm also playing the computer game of Ogre and looking for human players online. My Steam ID is 'travellerne'.

Cheers,
 #12875  by Duane Kietzmann
 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 am
The marksmanship points currently apply to the board game version of Ogre only, we will need to get the AO amended to apply to the computer game version so we can use it for getting our marksmanship ribbons.

#12876  by Kris Miller
 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:13 am
If there is anyone in the Lincoln, Nebraska area, Bivouac Crimson Sands is organizing marksmanship events. I've actually got a game convention's game library and play space available. With hundreds of boardgames and RPGs, it's just a matter of finding what people are interested in and setting a time.

I have a Bolthole ticket in for getting Crimson Sands their own forum folder. When that's up, check it out for more information on gaming meets.

Otherwise, I'm open to meeting people here too.

Cheers,
Tracy Newby liked this

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!