TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Games and Gaming Resources *by* TRMN Members

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #13074  by Kris Miller
 Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 pm
Shawn Merrow wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:57 am
I played 2nd edition and loved it, hated the character creation system in 3rd edition. I don't know what the current edition looks like.
I think the "3rd edition" might be A Time of War: The Battletech RPG, which is the version I have.

(See, we really could have had a separate Battletech thread... :) )
 #13079  by Russell Selkirk
 Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 am
Kris Miller wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 pm
Shawn Merrow wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:57 am
I played 2nd edition and loved it, hated the character creation system in 3rd edition. I don't know what the current edition looks like.
I think the "3rd edition" might be A Time of War: The Battletech RPG, which is the version I have.

(See, we really could have had a separate Battletech thread... :) )
There were were two Mechwarrior editions prior to the clan intro, so 3rd edition is the first one with the clan material included. Time of war is thus technically 4th edition.

2nd edition is the cleanest (best integrated for use with BT itself) set of rules for that system I know personally, but I am not familiar with the "time of war" version, so I cannot speak to that one.
 #13434  by Karl Gallagher
 Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 pm
I've written some gaming articles for Ogre and Traveller which appeared in the online Pyramid webzine and JTAS.

Most recently I wrote the "Salvage" scenario in Ogre Scenario Book 2. It's designed for up to nine players, so feel free to bash the map and salvage reactors at a ship or fort meeting.
Kris Miller liked this
 #17890  by David Morris
 Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 pm
I have recently joined TRMN and am assigned to the GSN Glory.

I have recently begun producing content for the Dungeons & Dragons Adventurers League. I have been involved in the creation of eight or so adventures. I also plan to start doing some work with Call of Cthulhu, Shadow of the Demon Lord, and the Honorverse RPG using the D6 Epic system.
Shawn Merrow liked this

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!