TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Artemis Steam version

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #16667  by William Karnesky
 Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm
Chris Thompson, D3SL wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:34 pm
We don't use the steam, because it would be cost inhibitive. The license from the actual developer is good for as many as you need, and I believe the updates hit that site first.

If you have questions on how to do a build, or what works/doesn't work, ask me, we've been doing it solidly with setups similar to this for nearly 5 years.
That is a great Artemis set-up you have. I would like to set up a DMX lighting scheme sometime, I just never seem to get around to it. We've probably been playing about the same time, I first started in 2012.

I will point out, however, that the Web license (which is $40) is good for "One bridge" which is typically around six computers and they ask that you buy a second license if you run more than one bridge (when I bought it, the license was explicitly for 6 computers). The Steam 6-pack is $34.99. so the cost is not that different.

I think it is fine to go either way personally, I have both because I first bought it long before it was on Steam, and then it was so cheap on steam that I decided to support the creators a second time.

One helpful tool I thought I would add is that there are tools to help engineers create presets without modifying a text file or taking time at the start of a game. I find this great for new engineers, conventions, or when you are running short on crew and need to multi-task. You can create some decent presets, then print out a reference sheet so the new engineer can hop right in and play without being overwhelmed. One such is the Engineer's Rigbook that runs in a webpage, then you download the created preset file. It also has links to the Engineering preset manager, which is an older one that runs on your computer. I suggest those interested check it out https://www.cattail.nu/artemis/engineer ... /about.php

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!