TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Honorverse RPG

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #17898  by David Morris
 Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 pm
Hello. I am new to the Honorverse, but I am interested in creating an adventure or two for the Honorverse RPG. I see that it has the one introductory adventure, but would like to help create more content.

I have been in contact with Final Sword Productions and they seemed open to accepting submissions for adventures. I also noticed in another thread that a few folks brought up this topic. Kevin Walsh, Peter Gold, and Lain Chiswell are the names I noted from that thread.

I thought perhaps that we could work together on a project or two to help expand the content availible and maybe some in TRMN would appreciate having some adventures they could run through.
 #17900  by Peter Gold
 Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:00 pm
Sure.
Pretty sure I could dig out some old sea stories.
My specialty is merchant marine both real world and Honorverse.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

#17906  by Kevin Walsh
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 am
I would be interesting in helping where I can, not sure how much time I will have in the near future, but I will lend what I can on this
I wish we had more information on the actual rules for that matter
 #17914  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:57 am
Mr. Morris -

As soon as I finish some promised classwork, I will be returning to my work on my Communications Tech W/O project. That involves writing a story regarding a particular aspect of the FTL communications systems. Once I have it roughed out, if you would like to see a copy to figure out if it could be revised into a script for an RPG game or experience, I am willing (of course, provided that BuNine and the JAG will allow that).
 #17915  by Peter Gold
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:57 am
David Morris wrote:Here is a link to the introductory adventure. It includes pre-made characters and a quick reference to the rules system.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/165 ... -Adventure
The merchant marine titles are poorly written. See the trmn ao for better.

#17916  by David Morris
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 am
John Fairbairn, KCE wrote:Mr. Morris -

As soon as I finish some promised classwork, I will be returning to my work on my Communications Tech W/O project. That involves writing a story regarding a particular aspect of the FTL communications systems. Once I have it roughed out, if you would like to see a copy to figure out if it could be revised into a script for an RPG game or experience, I am willing (of course, provided that BuNine and the JAG will allow that).
Sir Fairbairn,

I would be most honored to translate your work into an RPG adventure.

My current idea that is in the early forming stages (and mind you, I am very new to the Honorverse, having only read On Basilisk Station and on chapter 8 of The Honor of the Queen) is to have the characters investigate a research station that has not reported in for far too long.

The station explores top secret technologies and the one I wanted to focus on would be the study into improved prolonging technology. The project would be called something like the “infinity project” or the like and some suitably horrible thing would be happening on the station.

That’s basically all I have so far. How does it hold up? Does something like that fit within the Honorverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #17917  by David Morris
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 am
Peter Gold wrote: The merchant marine titles are poorly written. See the trmn ao for better.
Peter,

I must apologize, I understand what TRMN is, but am unsure what you mean by ao.

#17926  by Peter Gold
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:31 am
David Morris wrote:
Peter Gold wrote: The merchant marine titles are poorly written. See the trmn ao for better.
Peter,

I must apologize, I understand what TRMN is, but am unsure what you mean by ao.

AO is Admiralty Order.
This the one with merchant marine titles

http://tenthfleet.org/wiki/index.php/Ad ... er_1612-06

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!