TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Honorverse RPG

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #18487  by Andrew Sivula
 Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:56 am
You can send the email to jag@trmn.org
The JAG is currently CDRE Matt Parker
@Matthew Parker, JAG

David Morris wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:27 am
Thank you, Sir John.

I appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind.

Can you clarify how I would identify the JAG Officer? A name would be preferable so that I could send a direct message.

Thank you again, Chief Fairbairn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #18488  by Peter Gold
 Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 am

David Morris wrote:

My current idea that is in the early forming stages (and mind you, I am very new to the Honorverse, having only read On Basilisk Station and on chapter 8 of The Honor of the Queen) is to have the characters investigate a research station that has not reported in for far too long.

The station explores top secret technologies and the one I wanted to focus on would be the study into improved prolonging technology. The project would be called something like the “infinity project” or the like and some suitably horrible thing would be happening on the station.

That’s basically all I have so far. How does it hold up? Does something like that fit within the Honorverse?

The location is going to be a problem.
Who is going to setup this research facility?
It won't be Manticore. It won't be Haven.

The planet is a minor transit area so any significant traffic to the planet let alone the base is going to raise flags. The Haven base was a couple dozen people at most. You could more easily hide that many in a decent office building.
The traffic issue is going to be even worse after the Havenites were caught. The RMN is going to be looking closely at everything stopping in system.

There is the power issue. David was able to get away with a secret power tap but once found nobody else will be able to repeat it.

That's partially why the starting adventure isn't set on Basilisk Station. BuNine shot that down.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

#18490  by David Morris
 Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:33 am
Peter Gold wrote:
David Morris wrote:

My current idea that is in the early forming stages (and mind you, I am very new to the Honorverse, having only read On Basilisk Station and on chapter 8 of The Honor of the Queen) is to have the characters investigate a research station that has not reported in for far too long.

The station explores top secret technologies and the one I wanted to focus on would be the study into improved prolonging technology. The project would be called something like the “infinity project” or the like and some suitably horrible thing would be happening on the station.

That’s basically all I have so far. How does it hold up? Does something like that fit within the Honorverse?

The planet is a minor transit area so any significant traffic to the planet let alone the base is going to raise flags. The Haven base was a couple dozen people at most. You could more easily hide that many in a decent office building.
The traffic issue is going to be even worse after the Havenites were caught. The RMN is going to be looking closely at everything stopping in system.

There is the power issue. David was able to get away with a secret power tap but once found nobody else will be able to repeat it.

That's partially why the starting adventure isn't set on Basilisk Station. BuNine shot that down.

Yes, sorry. I wasn’t very clear. The station wouldn’t be Basilisk station.

However, I don’t want to describe what I had in mind any further on this venue until I have a chance to reach out to the JAG.

#18491  by Peter Gold
 Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:08 am
David Morris wrote:
Peter Gold wrote:
David Morris wrote:

Yes, sorry. I wasn’t very clear. The station wouldn’t be Basilisk station.

However, I don’t want to describe what I had in mind any further on this venue until I have a chance to reach out to the JAG.

Hmm. Seems I read to much into your first post.
Aside from JAG, I'd suggest reading a lot more of the books before releasing the adventure.
I feel you'll need a lot more background to make it look and feel Honorverse rather than generic adventure. This shouldn't stop you from getting most of the plotting done though.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!