TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Honorverse RPG

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #17933  by David Melsome
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 pm
Peter Gold wrote:
David Morris wrote:
Peter Gold wrote: The merchant marine titles are poorly written. See the trmn ao for better.
Peter,

I must apologize, I understand what TRMN is, but am unsure what you mean by ao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO is Admiralty Order.
This the one with merchant marine titles

http://tenthfleet.org/wiki/index.php/Ad ... er_1612-06

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
To add a further Iron to the Brazier, I have for a long time now been offering a multi layer RP on my Steading, using in some of the layers the Epic D6 system, unfortunately while I know of many Role Players in the org this has generated very little pick up.

Why am I saying all this simply because I want to both express my interest and to offer my assistance to any project that grows from it and also to say, please avoid limiting yourselves to the standard options many see for role play and let your minds explore the possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#17942  by Shawn Merrow
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:48 pm
I would be interested in helping and do have experience writing in the RPG industry. I'm currently taking college classes and won't have much free time, till summer.
 #18366  by Kevin Walsh
 Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm
I really want to see more done with the Honorverse RPG, but I am badly disapointed in the current game system it uses, I really think there are much better choices. but I also understand there are other factors involved that would prevent this. I would suggest at least borrowing from elements of another system, probably a variant of Traveller. why has it taken so long to even see any information on the RPG in general?
 #18367  by Peter Gold
 Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:20 pm
I'd think that by the time you borrow from Traveller and modify it to fit the Honorverse it wouldn't look like Traveller.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

#18368  by Kevin Walsh
 Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm
right, but theres just barely enough to work with on what we have now... and when are we going to see more support?
 #18370  by David Morris
 Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:33 pm
The Final Sword Production folks said they intended to have another adventure out by the end of the year. They hadn't mentioned about any other supplements, though I did not ask.

I was thinking that Stars Without Number might work well and Kevin Crawford mentioned a few months back that he was thinking of opening the game up to third parties. However, Final Sword holds the RPG license for the Honorverse from what I understand, so any work done wouldn't be able to be published unless it was through them or if David Weber was prepared and able to grant the license to someone else.

The current starting adventure could use some more development.
 #18372  by Kevin Walsh
 Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:26 pm
Stars without number isnt a bad system at all... read over it and have the basic rulebook
 #18457  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:19 am
OK. Several things. Please see the included remarks:
David Morris wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 am
John Fairbairn, KCE wrote:Mr. Morris -

As soon as I finish some promised classwork, I will be returning to my work on my Communications Tech W/O project. That involves writing a story regarding a particular aspect of the FTL communications systems. Once I have it roughed out, if you would like to see a copy to figure out if it could be revised into a script for an RPG game or experience, I am willing (of course, provided that BuNine and the JAG will allow that).
Sir Fairbairn,

I would be most honored to translate your work into an RPG adventure.
I don't quite know how to say this delicately, so I'll just say it and hope you'll understand that I do not mean to be offensive. I'm just trying to clear up a misconception. The honorific "Sir" or "Dame" in a knight's or dame's title applies to the person's first name only. Thus, I am "Sir John", or (by rating) I am "Chief Fairbairn".

I'm pleased that you have the willingness. I'll keep in touch. :)
My current idea that is in the early forming stages (and mind you, I am very new to the Honorverse, having only read On Basilisk Station and on chapter 8 of The Honor of the Queen) is to have the characters investigate a research station that has not reported in for far too long.
This sounds like an interesting premise for a first RPG in the Honorverse.
The station explores top secret technologies and the one I wanted to focus on would be the study into improved prolonging technology. The project would be called something like the “infinity project” or the like and some suitably horrible thing would be happening on the station.
Please be aware that most of the Prolong research and development was done in the Beowulf System, not in Manticore. In fact, I believe some of Honor's maternal great-grandparents were involved in that research ...
That’s basically all I have so far. How does it hold up? Does something like that fit within the Honorverse?
It does in concept. However, be aware that tRMN holds a very clear line of distinction between that is 'canon' (IE: written by Mr. Weber or one of his designated fellow authors, like Eric Flint) and what is termed "fan fiction" (IE: material written by anyone else). Be very careful where and how you post any fan fiction. I suggest having a conversation with the JAG officer regarding that concept.
 #18478  by David Morris
 Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:27 am
Thank you, Sir John.

I appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind.

Can you clarify how I would identify the JAG Officer? A name would be preferable so that I could send a direct message.

Thank you again, Chief Fairbairn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!