TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Revised/Updated Offical Marksmanship Manual

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #30813  by Duane Kietzmann
 Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:32 am
Respectively I ask if we have any idea on a possible update of it's status or release date for the manual.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Also as a note of interest I had started this thread asking about a release date on April 13th 2018 and I know that it had been asked about for some time before that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

William Karnesky liked this
 #30817  by Mike Timko 4SL / 6SL Staff
 Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 am
At this point, I can tell you all that their is a completed version that is being proofed internally prior to release.

Just bear with us a little bit longer.

Sincerely,

Sir Michael J Timko, GCE, MC, CR, SC, OG, CGM
Commodore, RMN
Deputy Space Lord, BuComm
 #31850  by William Karnesky
 Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:39 pm
Erik Plossl wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 pm
Looks like the last update on this was 24/July. It's now 16/Sept. Any update on the status of this?
For those keeping track, it is 1 year, 5 months, 20 days since the original AO that mentioned the new manual; and 1 year, 5 months, 1 day since that manual was first submitted for review.

On the bright side, it's only been 5 months since the newest revision was in the "final phase of review", and 1 month, 24 days since we were told "a completed version [...] is being proofed internally prior to release".

In the software world that I work in, most would call this "vaporware" but I'm fully confident that at this rate, we will see it as a Christmas gift -- assuming it doesn't undergo another complete rewrite.
 #31868  by Jana Otahal
 Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 pm
I passed the inquiry higher up my chain - either they will chime in themselves or once I have any additional informations, I will share them here.
 #31875  by AJ Olsen, DMotC
 Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:54 am
We just met with the 1SL on this today. After a few changes, this will be forwarded to the FLA for a final review, hopefully by tomorrow. I will be discussing it with him in a meeting tomorrow as well.
 #32237  by Heather Fleming
 Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:20 pm
It's been about a month since the last "any day now" update. Any news?
 #32264  by David Misener
 Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:01 am
It’s been 18 months this thead has been open and ongoing, are we just flogging a dead horse? And can we count this as a game at this point.

And can I claim 24h a day for playing... Dammit I lost The Game!

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!