TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Minecraft?

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #18417  by Erik Plossl
 Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:21 am
I play cooperatively on a server with at least three other members. We are not all online at the same time, but the things we do impact the game for the other players. Should this be tracked towards marksmanship? How?
 #18430  by Philip Culmer
 Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:49 am
Not an expert opinion, but as I understand the rules you would have to be on at the same time for it to count. I follow where you're coming from, playing a lot of server Minecraft myself, but I guess the point would be the conversation and that sort of thing, rather than just affecting each other's play and building things in common.
 #18433  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 am
Philip Culmer wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:49 am
Not an expert opinion, but as I understand the rules you would have to be on at the same time for it to count. I follow where you're coming from, playing a lot of server Minecraft myself, but I guess the point would be the conversation and that sort of thing, rather than just affecting each other's play and building things in common.
There was also something about Mobile Gaming and it counting as 1/4 Time ... This might be a cause for the Colonel to pipe in ... @Jeffrey A. Webb - any thoughts on this?
 #19481  by Erik Plossl
 Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Any chance on getting an official response on this one? I know WoW or FFXIV would count in some way or the other, so what about Minecraft (when playing on a multi-player server)?
 #19485  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 pm
Erik Plossl wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Any chance on getting an official response on this one? I know WoW or FFXIV would count in some way or the other, so what about Minecraft (when playing on a multi-player server)?
WoW and FFXIV count when you are playing with a team of in excess of 3 TRMN members (yourself included) and are playing in a Raid or Dungeon Queue with them. Solo play wouldn't count.

I would argue that Minecraft probably counts the same way (or 2 players on a local game w/ a 3rd non-player witness)
 #19682  by Jeffrey A. Webb
 Thu May 24, 2018 1:03 am
Under currently published rules, any game with 2 or more counts. Minecraft, WoW and all other MMOs count as Plasma Carbine. Plasma Rifle would be any video game with a sweeping, strategic focus- commanding nations, fleets, etc. When a player is one person, or a squad of people, that's tactical and therefore Plasma Carbine.
 #23643  by Roon Marchant
 Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:44 am
Maybe we can get our own server?
 #23677  by Philip Culmer
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm
That would be nice, but there is the issue of both funding and running the server; I play occasionally on Autcraft, which Is a full-time job for Stuart Duncan, along with a large team of helpers, and needs the support of a large number of patrons, to cover the expense of the server and to enable him to dedicate himself to it full time.

I'm not saying that it would necessarily need that level of support, but unless we let it become some sort of wild west free for all, it needs whitelising, something like worldguard, and moderation.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!