TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship Tracking Sheet (based on RMA-Standards as per AO 1803-03) v1.6

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #24810  by Philip Culmer
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:09 am
If the 3d is virtual, and a team (or at least multiplayer) event, it might.
I suspect the target archery would be out: under the same heading as guns; I'm not sure where we stand on Nerf - if the LARP is of a similar nature, it might come under the same remit.
 #24825  by Mike Houghtaling
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:17 pm
The LARP itself counts for marksmanship.
Nathan Niemi liked this
 #24828  by Kevin Walsh
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:36 pm
Tiffany... what fleet are you part of? each fleet has somebody assigned to keep track of this, I am Range Officer Second Fleet, but if theres anything I can do to help just ask
 #24839  by Tiffany Kampersal
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:07 am
Kevin Walsh wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:36 pm
Tiffany... what fleet are you part of? each fleet has somebody assigned to keep track of this, I am Range Officer Second Fleet, but if theres anything I can do to help just ask
I am still new to all of this, but I do believe it's second Gryphon Fleet. My ship is the Demon.
 #25500  by Patrick Giese
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am
Greetings!

I was perusing the list in the workbook and noticed while it included both of Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Civilizations, it did not include Sid Meier's Starships. Is this a deliberate omission, or missed addition? Just curious.
 #25511  by Andrew Sivula
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:37 am
It would be a missed entry as the list is not comprehensive (as it would be impossible to be so)

Patrick Giese wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am
Greetings!

I was perusing the list in the workbook and noticed while it included both of Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Civilizations, it did not include Sid Meier's Starships. Is this a deliberate omission, or missed addition? Just curious.
 #26301  by Nathan Niemi
 Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 pm
Christopher Bayonet wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Here's my most recent version of the Marksmanship Tracking:

Legacy Award conversions corrected, Added support for Flight Simulator Tracking towards Simulator Wings, Some "cosmetic" improvements, Member Listing sheet will let you now know who is eligible for Marksmanship Awards (Instructor Awards coming soon), added Multi-Fleet support, also optimized for MailMerge functionality for those who wish to send out form letters to award recipients.

More features till in development...

Also including "Range Worksheet" which (a) is compatible with the GameLog sheet (b) Includes a Game Matrix to help find where a game belongs on the list.
I have printed a few copies of the GameLog Sheet. How do I go about submitting them for Marksmanship qualifications. Since August, I have recruited (or helped recruit) 50 new members and a vast majority are people that I am either actively gaming with or encouraging to play together.

I have been keeping logs of the StarFinder campaign that I am running for my nephews and recently have been making notations on party games, LARP, board, video, and card games that I play with members.

I was told that Christopher Bayonet is the Range Master for my Fleet, but I need to know the preferred format, method, and frequency in which the logs should be submitted.

As I will likely be granted command of a Ship some time this year, I feel it prudent to be up to date on these things, I am already getting questions from my recruits.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Honoring the Emperor in word and deed,

Nathan G. Niemi
Maat, IAN
Crewman, SMS Scharnhorst
 #26303  by RADM M Romero, IAN StrOps
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:49 am
Nathan Niemi wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 pm

I have printed a few copies of the GameLog Sheet. How do I go about submitting them for Marksmanship qualifications. Since August, I have recruited (or helped recruit) 50 new members and a vast majority are people that I am either actively gaming with or encouraging to play together.

I have been keeping logs of the StarFinder campaign that I am running for my nephews and recently have been making notations on party games, LARP, board, video, and card games that I play with members.

I was told that Christopher Bayonet is the Range Master for my Fleet, but I need to know the preferred format, method, and frequency in which the logs should be submitted.

As I will likely be granted command of a Ship some time this year, I feel it prudent to be up to date on these things, I am already getting questions from my recruits.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Honoring the Emperor in word and deed,

Nathan G. Niemi
Maat, IAN
Crewman, SMS Scharnhorst
While Captain Bayonet is still on hiatus (hopefully for not much longer), you can submit directly to me via co@3rdfleet.trmn.org, using whichever format is easiest for you. The new spreadsheet does make things easier, but as long as there's some sort of summary that tells me what each member qualifies for, you'd be good to go. My goal is to announce these for Third Fleet every month on the 10th, so it's easiest if you can get these in to me by the 8th.
Kevin Walsh liked this

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!