TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship Tracking Sheet (based on RMA-Standards as per AO 1803-03) v1.6

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #21409  by Erik Plossl
 Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:37 pm
At the risk of sounding impatient (I'm not; I understand that family and RL obligations *ALWAYS* come first) I'm curious how the new version of the spreadsheet is coming and if there is anything I can do to be of assistance in getting it ready and/or tested or anything.
 #21535  by Richard Johnson
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:30 am
A quick question about another classic tabletop RPG. I am looking at the sheet and notice that Traveller, an RPG from the late 1970s, does not appear to be on the list. I have included a Wikipedia link for the game description below so you can get an idea for what it is (basically a space opera RPG with themes that seem to go well with our fandom). Four members of our crew just finished a 10 hour session of the game and I would like to report it, but it is not appearing in the drop down list.

Suggestions?

Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller ... ying_game)
Emilio Desalvo liked this
 #21536  by Kevin Walsh
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:46 am
I would treat it as Rifle... but I am a bit biased... I co-wrote the Traveller to Hero system crossover rules.... and was Tuckerized in GURPS Traveller Ground Forces
 #21537  by Richard Johnson
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:35 am
Cool! I started playing this in the fall of '78, my freshman year at Western Illinois University. I was able to play it off and on during college, but haven't had the opportunity since then until now. We finished a 10 hour session today and had a blast, so I am hoping it will become a semi-regular event for our ship.

The rifle makes sense to me as well based on the applicable AO, but I just want to make sure it is approved for use before I report our results up the chain.
Emilio Desalvo liked this
 #21548  by Andrew Sivula
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:18 pm
Not to sound pedantic but since traveller is a pen and paper rpg it falls under grenade launcher like the other rpgs, while a specific game might not be called out the catagories are pretty clear

Kevin Walsh wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:46 am
I would treat it as Rifle... but I am a bit biased... I co-wrote the Traveller to Hero system crossover rules.... and was Tuckerized in GURPS Traveller Ground Forces
 #21553  by Jonathan Casas
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 pm
Kevin Walsh wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:07 pm
but for RMN does it count as pistol or rifle?
Roleplaying Games are under Grenade Launcher, which I think is under Rifle.
 #21562  by Richard Johnson
 Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm
Thanks for the input. I will go ahead and report it as qualification towards the RMN rifle award. I just wanted to confirm it was *not* excluded for some reason since it did not appear on the tracking form.
 #21564  by Peter Gold
 Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:21 pm
One of the reasons for the new marksmanship program was to eliminate the need for high level approval of each individual game.
Similarly, not all 100,000 or or so games that are known to exist will be listed on the early version of the spreadsheet. As people ask about how to categorize a specific game, or a chapter add s one to the sheet, the list will grow.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!