TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship Tracking Sheet (based on RMA-Standards as per AO 1803-03) v1.6

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #19487  by Erik Plossl
 Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 pm
I believe I may have found another bug in the sheet. I have created a test game of Candyland with six players (yes, I know, it's not possible for six people to play, so sue me). I'm saying that the players spent two hours playing the game (again, I know that's excessive, but I'm testing stuff). Strangely, only the first three players (two RMN members and one SFC) get credit for the game, so far as I can tell. The fourth through sixth (two more SFC members and another RMN) do not. Can you please look at the spreadsheet and make sure that it's not somehow not counting players beyond the third?

Editing to add:
I have done a little more digging... The spreadsheet is multiplying properly for people after the third, just not recording hours for anyone involved in the game after the third player. It doesn't seem to matter the game, either.
 #19488  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri May 18, 2018 4:32 pm
Erik Plossl wrote:
I believe I may have found another bug in the sheet. I have created a test game of Candyland with six players (yes, I know, it's not possible for six people to play, so sue me). I'm saying that the players spent two hours playing the game (again, I know that's excessive, but I'm testing stuff). Strangely, only the first three players (two RMN members and one SFC) get credit for the game, so far as I can tell. The fourth through sixth (two more SFC members and another RMN) do not. Can you please look at the spreadsheet and make sure that it's not somehow not counting players beyond the third?

Editing to add:
I have done a little more digging... The spreadsheet is multiplying properly for people after the third, just not recording hours for anyone involved in the game after the third player. It doesn't seem to matter the game, either.
I will dig a bit when I get off of work tomorrow night... I have to look at a few calculation fields to check it as it's calced in about three areas.
Erik Plossl liked this
 #19489  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri May 18, 2018 4:42 pm
Erik Plossl wrote:

Editing to add:
I just did a quick check with some data I have in my personal version.... it seems to calculate fine out to the 10th player for me. What I can suggest:

(a) Make sure you are entering the game exactly as it is in the pull down list. (i.e. Candy Land is two words in the game list and not one - use the pull down menu to make sure you have it correct)
(b) If it is not in the pull down menu you need to add it to the game list tab and include not only the name, but the closest description as well as the date you add it. [The system cannot calculate without this information entered correctly]
(c) Make sure the member is entered, and selected via pull down list.

If it still doesn't work for you, send me your sheet at tactical@trmn3rdfleet.org and I will see if I can troubleshoot your exact issue on my end here. It could be a data entry problem which I am not seeing as the coder knowing my logic vs you as an end user who doesn't necessarily think the same way as I
 #19490  by Erik Plossl
 Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm
I have forwarded you a copy of the spreadsheet. It is definitely not working as expected, although I'm not sure why. it may have something to do with the protected nature of the sheets, but I'm not sure as I can't look. If I could get into the protected parts (particularly the hidden columns on the Member sheet), I could possibly see if I could figure out what was not working there.
 #19491  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri May 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Erik Plossl wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm
I have forwarded you a copy of the spreadsheet. It is definitely not working as expected, although I'm not sure why. it may have something to do with the protected nature of the sheets, but I'm not sure as I can't look. If I could get into the protected parts (particularly the hidden columns on the Member sheet), I could possibly see if I could figure out what was not working there.
I will take a look tomorrow evening...

Just as an aside - the hidden columns on the member sheet actually have no function in the spreadsheet currently, they were added for mail merge capabilities. About the only exception is that it is also used to generate the X for if a member is eligible for an award or not.
 #19492  by Tamera Tozer-Kilts
 Fri May 18, 2018 5:15 pm
Hello,
I am the wife CPL Tozer-Kilts is refering to.

The formula you use in the hidden index columns are missing from the first two rows (3 and 4) of Player #4 (W), Player #5 (Y), Player #6 (AA), and Player #7 (AC).

For example, Cell W3 is blank but should read "=IF(V3<>"",B3&": "&V3,"")"

A quick sample of other index cells seems to indicate that the problem is only in the rows 3 and 4 in the columns listed above.
Thank you for your time,
Lauren
 #19494  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 pm
Tamera Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:15 pm
Hello,
I am the wife CPL Tozer-Kilts is refering to.

The formula you use in the hidden index columns are missing from the first two rows (3 and 4) of Player #4 (W), Player #5 (Y), Player #6 (AA), and Player #7 (AC).

For example, Cell W3 is blank but should read "=IF(V3<>"",B3&": "&V3,"")"

A quick sample of other index cells seems to indicate that the problem is only in the rows 3 and 4 in the columns listed above.
Thank you for your time,
Lauren
If that is the problem that is an EXTREMELY easy fix ... and not one that I would have caught with my copy of it.

It's in the distribution version where I strip out previous chapter and member data :) But in my copy (which I don't do that with) I wouldn't be able to see it. I am going to put out a new version on Sunday ... so that will be fixed with that version most likely :)

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!