TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship credit

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #21033  by Andrew Sivula
 Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Matthrw RPG only started to count when they changed the program march 28, that said you can definitely add them to the fleet game log after that date and we will add te time for you and your players marksmanship awards

Matthew Bowman wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 pm
I hadn't been aware that RPGs counted. I've been GMing a game since a few months after I joined TRMN three years ago. We've had 93 sessions, most of which have had three TRMN members present. I actually have an attendance record due to the way I record XP. Based on my rough estimate, that should get all three of us around 300 points or so.
 #22530  by Nathan Niemi
 Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 am
I just recruited 3 of my nephews to join the IAN as crew of the SMS Scharnhorst this evening.

We just finished an over 7 hour session of the Dead Suns Campaign for the Starfinder RPG. If I understand correctly, tabletop Role-Playing Games are consider for earning points toward Grenade Launcher Marksmanship Medal.

As per Army_Directive_09-1501:
"The basic structure of scoring is (time spent playing) x (number of TRMN/RMA participants over 2 not to exceed 5) + (Wins)"

7 hours x 2 (4 TRMN participants -2) + (WIns) = 14
Everybody (and nobody) wins in a tabletop RPG.

So, each participant has earned 14 points. Earning Marksman Level (5points) Grenade Launcher with 9 points toward Sharpshooter Level? The example in the Army Directive implies that Sharpshooter Level is 50 points, though Figure 1 lists 100 points.

Do each of us that participated need to individually submit a report for the points or can I (as the Game Master and highest ranking at the table) send in the information with our names, TRMN membership numbers, and details?
 #22550  by Andrew Sivula
 Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:18 am
@Christopher Bayonet is the 3rd fleet's range officer I would contact him on what you will need to do to report your hours.

Nathan Niemi wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 am
I just recruited 3 of my nephews to join the IAN as crew of the SMS Scharnhorst this evening.

We just finished an over 7 hour session of the Dead Suns Campaign for the Starfinder RPG. If I understand correctly, tabletop Role-Playing Games are consider for earning points toward Grenade Launcher Marksmanship Medal.

As per Army_Directive_09-1501:
"The basic structure of scoring is (time spent playing) x (number of TRMN/RMA participants over 2 not to exceed 5) + (Wins)"

7 hours x 2 (4 TRMN participants -2) + (WIns) = 14
Everybody (and nobody) wins in a tabletop RPG.

So, each participant has earned 14 points. Earning Marksman Level (5points) Grenade Launcher with 9 points toward Sharpshooter Level? The example in the Army Directive implies that Sharpshooter Level is 50 points, though Figure 1 lists 100 points.

Do each of us that participated need to individually submit a report for the points or can I (as the Game Master and highest ranking at the table) send in the information with our names, TRMN membership numbers, and details?
Nathan Niemi liked this
 #22911  by Antonio S. Gonzalez Jr.
 Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:24 am
i play a lot of world of warships mostly random battle and world of tanks multiplayer. but due to the fact i play from home world of warships on my iMac and world of tanks on my Xbox One S. i only have my log to keep track of my 4 hours a night i often play world of warships but world of tanks at most i can play two hours. so i would be curious how to score my play time and wins.
 #22924  by Nathan T Brakefield
 Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:18 pm
I also play World of Warships and World of Tanks. I also play Elite Dangerous. How would I track any of that and would it count?

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!