TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship and lockins.

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #20309  by Mark Darbe
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:54 am
locking., under the old rules for marksmanship. There were locking fir things like laser tag. How does that work with the new rules.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.
 #20311  by David Weiner
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:19 am
I have moved your post to the appropriate location :)
Mark Darbe liked this
 #20317  by Andrew Sivula
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 am
My reading of the rules is that it counts as one contiguous session with a max multiplier of x4 (provided that you have 5 trmn players)
Mark Darbe wrote:
locking., under the old rules for marksmanship. There were locking fir things like laser tag. How does that work with the new rules.

#20395  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 pm
Andrew Sivula wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 am
My reading of the rules is that it counts as one contiguous session with a max multiplier of x4 (provided that you have 5 trmn players)
Mark Darbe wrote:

That's how I would read it ... though there is some stipulator about a maximum amount of hours in some of the documents, that maximum hours is self-limiting. It is set as 25 hours for the first instance of it...
 #20399  by Mark Darbe
 Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 pm
So, I have some fellow crewmen who do Dystopia Rising. How does that work since it is a 2 to 3 day event of 24 hour immersive LARP?
 #20400  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 pm
Mark Darbe wrote:
So, I have some fellow crewmen who do Dystopia Rising. How does that work since it is a 2 to 3 day event of 24 hour immersive LARP?
I would ask @Jeffrey A. Webb ... but I would say if they go to sleep during it to cut the time at that point... and restart it after they wake up.
 #20401  by Mark Darbe
 Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:58 pm
That's what I was thinking.
 #20444  by Jeffrey A. Webb
 Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:59 pm
Christopher Bayonet wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 pm
Mark Darbe wrote:
I would ask @Jeffrey A. Webb ... but I would say if they go to sleep during it to cut the time at that point... and restart it after they wake up.
This sounds reasonable to me. Count the hours actually played, so sleep wouldn't count. Of course, if a random monster attack happens in the middle of the night, the clock starts. Likewise, those on guard rotation would get play credit for their guard time.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!