TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Individual Promotion Points Spreadsheet Q&A

#12458  by David Fretz
 Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:12 am
There's a place for posting Announcements re: this topic, but not a place for Q&A, so I created one. ;-)

After the capability to track promotion points is added in Medusa (next month? January? February?), will the use of the Individual Promotion Points Excel spreadsheets continue?

If so, is there a plan to add the capability to track the points "spent" when a individual uses them to buy an early promotion? I'm thinking this could easily be shown as an entry with "negative 3 points" every time a person makes that election.

You'd need a section on the spreadsheet with at least six rows, where each row was an entry with something like "Accepted Early Promotion to [Select with Drop Down >>]" where the person chooses the pay grade, then the spreadsheet would show -3 in the points column. If a person accepted two early promotions, this section would add up to -6, and so on. This would allow those points to be permanently subtracted from all promotion point calculations.

Thank you.
Tracy Newby liked this
 #12459  by David Weiner
 Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:44 am
The spreadsheet is only an interim solution until the updates to MEDUSA go live. Once we've imported the spreadsheets into MEDUSA, you won't need to use them any more.
Tracy Newby liked this
 #13216  by Amanda Barrow
 Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 am
Morning

version 4.03 doesn't appear to be picking up on the LU-KC-05 course....
 #13265  by Cary Conder
 Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm
I noticed yesterday that I had to do a "copy/paste" on cells because the "S" column was refusing to accept any more course information. After copying information into the cells I was able to input the latest information. Hope the Medusa gets sorted out soon.
 #13267  by Joe Hinson
 Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Current schedule is for a January 1 rollout of the new features.
Anne Zecca liked this
 #13281  by David Fretz
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 am
Joe Hinson wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Current schedule is for a January 1 rollout of the new features.
Sir, are you referring to 1 January as the target date for new features on the spreadsheet, or for new features in Medusa *replacing* the spreadsheet?

[If it's the spreadsheet, please add the capability to deduct points used for early promotions, as I suggested in my earlier post. If I understand correctly, that capability is needed so some COs can equitably track points to begin promoting folks under AO 1707-01.]

Thanks!
 #13282  by Joe Hinson
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 am
In Medusa, the spreadsheet is both a stopgap measure to track points in the interim between the issuance of the AO and the feature roll-out in Medusa, and a means to collect all the data to be entered into Medusa in one quick upload instead of having a period to manually enter points.

After the spreadsheets are submitted to BuComm for upload to Medusa you will no longer use them.
Anne Zecca liked this
 #13303  by Amanda Barrow
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm
I am not overly confident my spreadsheet is actually correct... the Grayson ribbons are missing [and these ones aren't on Medusa just yet] - [issue with the LU-KC being investigated] and I don't think the points awarded are correct...

Would it be best if I completed it as best I can - then discuss with my Chapter nominated person- or will it be an easy process to make corrections when live on Medusa?
 #13322  by Andrew Sivula
 Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:39 am
When i put my courses in the spreadsheet the kc-5 was reading correctly, and when i stress tested it with Mr Bruns it also came out correct
Amanda Barrow wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm
I am not overly confident my spreadsheet is actually correct... the Grayson ribbons are missing [and these ones aren't on Medusa just yet] - [issue with the LU-KC being investigated] and I don't think the points awarded are correct...

Would it be best if I completed it as best I can - then discuss with my Chapter nominated person- or will it be an easy process to make corrections when live on Medusa?

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!