TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• A Call to Vengeance - eARC is out

• Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
Discuss various aspects of the Honorverse universe here. Please be mindful of what you post, as not everybody has read the same amount of books. DO NOT post Honorverse fan fiction here under ANY circumstances!
 #13036  by Peter Gold
 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 am
There goes my weekend /grin

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Philip Culmer liked this
 #17060  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:55 pm
Greetings -

Just for information, some of the booksellers now are taking pre-orders for ACtV. I placed mine two days ago. In conjunction with that, a full-sized image of the book dust cover also is now on the Web. I do hope that Mr. Weber is pleased with the artwork, because it features a very large upper-half version of Honor, with the best detail of her face and form that I have seen yet in canon material.

She's quite beautiful, exactly as I pictured her in my mind from the descriptions. Even if she does look reservedly ... annoyed, she still is gorgeous. How she ever could have thought of herself as being homely, I never will understand. Although I suppose that most women will want to hasten to tell me that they also have felt that way at some time in their lives, that only seems to me to bear out Mr. Weber's genius in his character descriptions and development.
Philip Culmer liked this
 #17062  by Kaye Downing
 Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:30 pm
Are you Sure you are talking about "A Call to Vengeance?" My cover shows a ship and then in the background a space station partially in flames. Perhaps you are talking about "Honor Unconquered" which is due out in Oct. "A Call to Vengeance" is already out. It was released about 6 March.
Philip Culmer liked this
 #17093  by Philip Culmer
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:23 am
Looking at the covers, I think it probably is Uncompromising Honor. That is now on my wishlist, and I'm waiting for A Call to Vengeance to download.
 #17098  by Colin Lloyd, 6SL
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:03 pm
The original post was December last year when A Call to Vengeance eARC was released.

Just recently the thread was revived - probably because the main book came out.

I'm nearly done reading it.
 #17149  by John Fairbairn, KDE, GACM
 Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:32 am
Philip Culmer wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:23 am
Looking at the covers, I think it probably is Uncompromising Honor. That is now on my wishlist, and I'm waiting for A Call to Vengeance to download.
???

I didn't realise that there were TWO books out this year. Sorry.

Phil is quite correct, as is Kaye. The cover art I referenced is for Uncompromising Honor, and I think it's really good. Someone spent a LOT of time getting every detail of her face right.

Sorry for the mix-up.

<grumble> :P Now I have ta' go pop for the first two volumes of the Manticore Ascendant series. I can't afford the hard-cover version of book 3, and it does not appear to be available yet in paperback. I'll have to wait a bit, I guess. <sigh> :(

Oh well ... I get to READ !! :D
Philip Culmer liked this

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!