TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship Tracking Sheet for Admiralty Order 1803-03

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #17776  by Jeffrey A. Webb
 Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:35 pm
Here is the
Army Marksmanship Records
(34.4 KiB) Downloaded 741 times
that the Army units have been using. It breaks things down into all the Army categories, but it's an example of how we've been logging things.
Nicola Hawke liked this
 #18252  by Shel Tozer-Kilts
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 am
Here's a version of the original sheet posted by Shane with a correction to the formula calculating total minutes that should fix the multiplier issue - giving it to you if you have 3 or more TRMN players, but not giving a multiplier higher than 4 no matter how many TRMN members are playing.
Attachments
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
 #18255  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 am
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Here's a version of the original sheet posted by Shane with a correction to the formula calculating total minutes that should fix the multiplier issue - giving it to you if you have 3 or more TRMN players, but not giving a multiplier higher than 4 no matter how many TRMN members are playing.
Unfortunately as per 1SL, the AD and the Manual the maximum multiplier can only be 4... Shawn's formula is actually correct.
Last edited by Christopher Bayonet on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William Karnesky liked this
 #18257  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:53 am
I have been playing around with a tracking worksheet (this is version 1.1).

Here's my take on it ... It does require one to enter in the chapter name(s) they wish to track for on the Chapter Sheet, as well as as any member(s) that you wish to track for on the membership.

After that initial set-up enter in any Awards you have been issued in the past or are issued in the future into the Awards Log. And then record all the Games you play with Witness required for 2 players, and automatic GM/Instructor credit for 6+ (a thought I went over with Colonel Webb of the RMA) [since modifier tops out at 5 players w/ a x4) ... record in when you start playing and when you finish playing (time calcs done automatically).

To view which awards one is eligible for recieving go to the MASTER SHEET and select that members name all the fields will autopopulate, you should be able to save the individual sheet as a PDF for submission to your FCO.

Version 2.0 is in development which will have a CO DASHBOARD allowing the CO (or any member they designate) to be able to track which crew is up for which awards with ease. I am working on some forms for GROUP, FAMILY and INDIVIDUAL Submissions so that they can submit members can submit their gameplay to a designee for them to oversee the marksmanship program.

THERE IS NOT TRACKING FOR THE WINNERS BONUS - I forgot about that until late last night.. it will be added in a later point unless someone wants to take it on now; PM and I will send you the unlock password so you can manipulate the fields.
Attachments
 #18259  by Peter Gold
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:05 am
Hmm. What is best way to handle multi ship events? Or more clearly people who game with multiple ships?
I might game with Specter one weekend, Alpha Orionis a different day and the Atropos.
Individual sheet or pass the time to my home ship?
Note I haven't looked at yours yet so the answer might be obvious.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

#18260  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:25 am
Peter Gold wrote:Hmm. What is best way to handle multi ship events? Or more clearly people who game with multiple ships?
I might game with Specter one weekend, Alpha Orionis a different day and the Atropos.

Pete each member is tagged to a ship in my sheet... So when you enter their name it calcs the rest.

Version 2 will deal more with a central reporting this one is more for individuals just record the ships you play with and the members who played and you are golden ;)

Sent from my NS-P11A8100 using Tapatalk

#18261  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am
Christopher Bayonet wrote:
Peter Gold wrote:Hmm. What is best way to handle multi ship events? Or more clearly people who game with multiple ships?

Pete each member is tagged to a ship in my sheet... So when you enter their name it calcs the rest.

Version 2 will deal more with a central reporting this one is more for individuals just record the ships you play with and the members who played and you are golden ;)

Mine was made for ease of entry :)

#18281  by Shawn Merrow
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13 pm
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Shane?

If you mean my sheet, it was set with the formula as told to me in the questions about the AO thread I started.

2 Players x 1
3 Players x 2
4 Players x 3
5+ Players x 4 as that is the max.
 #18288  by Christopher Bayonet
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 pm
Shawn Merrow wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13 pm
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Shane?

If you mean my sheet, it was set with the formula as told to me in the questions about the AO thread I started.

2 Players x 1
3 Players x 2
4 Players x 3
5+ Players x 4 as that is the max.
It's why I talked with COL Webb and put in the automatic "Instructor" Credit for 6+ players for the Player #1/Organizer .. because organizing that many people should count towards something :)
 #18321  by Christopher Bayonet
 Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:48 am
William Karnesky wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:59 pm
David Misener wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 am
Calculation appears to be off, it should be ((other trmn members -1) * hours ) as the calculations are based on hours played not minutes.
This would work as if you only play with 1 other member it would multiply your minutes by 0.

One is the minimum other trmn player count, but you get a bonus multiplier for each player above one so you could do the formula as hours+(hours(otherPlayers-1)) or you can do hours(1+(otherPlayers-1)) or hours*otherPlayers as they will all get you the same result.
My spreadsheet (as per the AD) requires either a third player or a witness to the game :)

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!