TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Marksmanship Tracking Sheet (based on RMA-Standards as per AO 1803-03) v1.6

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #19369  by Christopher Bayonet
 Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Here's my most recent version of the Marksmanship Tracking:

Legacy Award conversions corrected, Added support for Flight Simulator Tracking towards Simulator Wings, Some "cosmetic" improvements, Member Listing sheet will let you now know who is eligible for Marksmanship Awards (Instructor Awards coming soon), added Multi-Fleet support, also optimized for MailMerge functionality for those who wish to send out form letters to award recipients.

More features till in development...

Also including "Range Worksheet" which (a) is compatible with the GameLog sheet (b) Includes a Game Matrix to help find where a game belongs on the list.
Attachments
(415.74 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
 #19375  by Duane Kietzmann
 Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm
Question what is the status of the marksmanship manual, the last I heard was that it was being reviewed by the office of the FLA and it needed to be approved by BuComm?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#19376  by Christopher Bayonet
 Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Duane Kietzmann wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm
Question what is the status of the marksmanship manual, the last I heard was that it was being reviewed by the office of the FLA and it needed to be approved by BuComm?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
As far as I know, that is still the case - but with the AO making the AD active... the information in the Spreadsheet is based on them so not too reliant on the Manual. It's why the "Instructor" Stuff is there, but not fully active yet - that is in the manuals, but not the AO and AD.
 #19378  by Philip Culmer
 Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm
So would chess come under tri-barrel, flechette, or disruptor?

Or would that depend on how you played it?
 #19379  by Christopher Bayonet
 Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm
Philip Culmer wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm
So would chess come under tri-barrel, flechette, or disruptor?

Or would that depend on how you played it?
As it is a game of strategy I would put it under Tribarrell
 #19388  by Christopher Bayonet
 Wed May 16, 2018 9:43 pm
Philip Culmer wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm
Thank you.
With this spreadsheet there's actually a "Game List" page where you put the game, the day you are adding it and categorize it best you can by description ... it figures out the rest :)
 #19467  by Shel Tozer-Kilts
 Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 am
Christopher Bayonet wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Here's my most recent version of the Marksmanship Tracking:

Legacy Award conversions corrected, Added support for Flight Simulator Tracking towards Simulator Wings, Some "cosmetic" improvements, Member Listing sheet will let you now know who is eligible for Marksmanship Awards (Instructor Awards coming soon), added Multi-Fleet support, also optimized for MailMerge functionality for those who wish to send out form letters to award recipients.

More features till in development...

Also including "Range Worksheet" which (a) is compatible with the GameLog sheet (b) Includes a Game Matrix to help find where a game belongs on the list.
Let me say first of all, that I love the idea of this sheet. It really does make tracking so much easier, and I appreciate the amount of work that has to have gone into it.

That said, the dropdowns work properly for me on this one. However, it has the same problem that I identified last night with the old one (my wife figured out how to make the dropdowns work on that one): It does not calculate hours properly for anyone beyond the third player in a game.

Example: I ran a six-player session of Memoir '44 back in April. We played for 5 hours total, which means everyone gets credit for 20 hours of gameplay. However, when I fill out the sheets, only players 1, 2 and 3 show 20 hours. Everyone else shows zero.

I imagine I could create a workaround perhaps by creating two or more lines for the same game session, and just rotating where the names are, but that seems like a way to introduce the potential for huge errors in calculations down the line.
 #19470  by Christopher Bayonet
 Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 am
Thats easy enough to take a look at. Its probably an easy fix as well.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!