TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Elite Dangerous players?

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #19502  by Erik Plossl
 Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 pm
Anyone play E:D? Interested in getting some stuff going together? I am mainly an explorer, but am willing to try to join up with people if we want to.
 #19510  by Christopher Bayonet
 Sat May 19, 2018 3:14 pm
Erik Plossl wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 pm
Anyone play E:D? Interested in getting some stuff going together? I am mainly an explorer, but am willing to try to join up with people if we want to.
What type of game is E:D?
 #19511  by Erik Plossl
 Sat May 19, 2018 4:05 pm
Elite Dangerous is rather similar to EvE online. Both are space-based games. I think it is somewhat less tactical than Eve is, but there is certainly a degree of tactical activity there. I'll have to look up some more stuff.

Edit to add: Here's the BGG link:
https://videogamegeek.com/videogame/133 ... -dangerous

I'm not quite sure if it falls in the category of Tactical or Strategic multiplayer video game...
 #19581  by William Karnesky
 Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm
I wouldn't personally say Elite Dangerous and Eve are similar. Beyond the fact that both are in space and have support for a variety of activities they are hugely different. The biggest of these differences is that Eve is a bit more like the traditional MMO with skills with levels and equipment grants what amounts to "powers" that you use and is a continuous turn based game.

Elite: Dangerous's divergence from that is that there are no skills, no levels, and the only thing that matters is how well you outfit and fly your ship. This allows a very good pilot in one of the early game ships to beat pilots who are in end-game ships.

The game is primarily combat focused, but there is trading, and they've generated an entire galaxy of stars that you can explore. There's some other activities available, but player interaction is almost entirely centered around the possibility of combat. There are also some activities that players have made up like racing.

As to Erik's original question, I used to play and of course still have my account. I hop on every once in a while, but I don't play regularly. Maybe when I get a VR system, I'll play regularly again.

If an event is organized I'll be happy to join it if it fits in my schedule, but I am unlikely to randomly hop on and play.
Emilio Desalvo liked this
 #19629  by Brad Lee
 Wed May 23, 2018 4:31 am
Haven't played lately, but I do play. Even belong to the Fuel Rats. I mainly live in the bubble, haven't really ventured out because I don't have one of those super long-haul ships yet.
 #19853  by Adrian Nunenkamp, RMMC
 Tue May 29, 2018 5:34 pm
I play maybe once a month (long haul trucker iRL). If we have regular things going on, I'd be willing to pop in.
 #19887  by Michael Panter
 Tue May 29, 2018 10:44 pm
Seems there're a fair few members interested in setting up a day for this! Should we maybe start comparing schedules to see when everyone's free?

Also, if we're really going to do this, we may want to pick a star system to meet in, that way when the day does come, we can jump straight in without the, "I'm about an hour away in the Maia system but on the way now" wait?
Timber Lupindo liked this
 #20065  by Patrick Hagemeier
 Thu May 31, 2018 2:24 pm
I have a group that meets every Thursday evening. you are more than welcome to join us. we have been playing planetary surface lately but need to get back to bounty hunting.
Dora Erikson liked this
 #20287  by James Stephens
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:40 am
I played for a while, and I jump in and out every once in a while, but between my infrequent playing and the fact that I play in the Mobius group (I'm not good at PVP and have no interest in PVP), I don't see or get seen a lot.
Erik Plossl liked this
 #20293  by Erik Plossl
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:17 am
I'm an explorer as well, and am well on the way to elite explorer.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!