TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• VASSAL SITS Module

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #27595  by Alex Shaffer
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:16 pm
First playtest was held today, and the game works, but using VASSAL takes some practice. More playtesting/ practice games will be announced at some point, for now going to work on adding more ships which can take some time and may cause issues if the versions don't match so will send out a new copy of the module at that point
John McDonald liked this
 #27603  by Jon Stout
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:41 am
Commander,

I would be interested in your work. Contact me offline.
 #27604  by Zachary White
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:43 am
Sorry for the stupid question - but what is this system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #27605  by Jon Stout
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:49 am
Vassal is a method for playing board games online. You know why I am interested in this.
 #27627  by Alex Shaffer
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 pm
Jon Stout wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:41 am
Commander,

I would be interested in your work. Contact me offline.
Ok, replied to your message on steam, and will see if we can get a playtester tag on the discord so can use one ping when asking if people would like to play. And so that not spamming @ everyone
Zachary White wrote:Sorry for the stupid question - but what is this system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok so VASSAL is a downloadable program designed to work with tabletop and board games. There are a number of wargame modules out there, and frankly expect, if not already made, there to be a Battletech one as know a few people interested in playing it. With the SITS one I have it set up so it has a hex map for the ships and midpoint/end of turn markers, and then a board on the side of each player (it can be an issues scrolling and trying to sort out the mulitple sheets in the private window, but can't do much about it beyond maybe making a second window and not sure how it would allow selecting on both) that handles the ship SSD, AVID, and the Salvo and defense cards.
 #27652  by Jana Otahal
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:44 am
I've added SITS Playtester on our Discord as a role - let me know if anyone wants in - it's as easy as joining our TRMN Gaming server, and shooting me a message. It'll make it super-easy for Commander Alex Shaffer to reach out to you, whenever a game/playtest is happening!
 #29318  by Alex Shaffer
 Tue May 07, 2019 9:36 pm
So an update here, currently about 50-60% done with ships, need to add the piece art for some of them, and finish zoning the rest of the SSD. Currently all RMN ships aside from the LAC are done, working on PN, and then will release the new version for playing. After that will be the IAN and SN, with the LACs, and the Neutral/Pirate ones all which need the piece art.
 #30409  by Alex Shaffer
 Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:31 pm
So, been a biiiiit busy with life, but should be able to get at least some work done in these next few weeks, mostly adding the rest of the SN and IAN ships. Have a rough image for the LAC token, and still need to make the pirate base and the merchant/Qship figure, but likely just take the SD and round out the hammerheads for that.
 #30413  by Alex Shaffer
 Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:19 pm
Also while in the PN lore book, can't seem to find an SSD for the Triumphant class Battleship anywhere.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!