TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• Lord of the Rings Online/ Dungeons and Dragons Online

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #29532  by Shel Tozer-Kilts
 Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Alex Shaffer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Also, trying to get a channel set up on the gaming discord for this, or just using the RPG Computer games channel, but that way we can voice chat while playing
Is there a link to join the gaming Discord?
 #29534  by Cindy Van Wyhe
 Mon May 20, 2019 1:09 am
This post has that, as well as MANY others :-)

viewtopic.php?f=567&t=9565&p=26903&hili ... hal#p26900
 #29537  by Alex Shaffer
 Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 am
As Dame Cindy said, the link in there, and just set your nickname to rank and name. If we get more interest can get a group play session set up, start earning the awards for people.
 #29541  by Patrick Giese
 Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 am
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:00 am
Patrick Giese wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:23 am
Greetings all!

I have launched in LotRO - Arkenstone as Lewys_Blackmore! See folks there!

Patrick
Which starting area are you in, or do we just want to get past our respective newbie areas and meet up in Bree?
Let's get out of newbie zone and meet in Bree - is the Prancing Pony setup there?

Patrick
 #29549  by Alex Shaffer
 Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 am
Patrick Giese wrote:
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Patrick Giese wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:23 am
Greetings all!

I have launched in LotRO - Arkenstone as Lewys_Blackmore! See folks there!

Patrick
Which starting area are you in, or do we just want to get past our respective newbie areas and meet up in Bree?
Let's get out of newbie zone and meet in Bree - is the Prancing Pony setup there?

Patrick
Yes, it is in the Northeast of Bree, however that means completing about 10 levels of quests. I have a few characters that I can start getting there. But to cross check, what classes and Vocations (crafting).
 #29560  by Patrick Giese
 Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm
Alex Shaffer wrote:
Patrick Giese wrote:
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:

Patrick
Yes, it is in the Northeast of Bree, however that means completing about 10 levels of quests. I have a few characters that I can start getting there. But to cross check, what classes and Vocations (crafting).
OK - that might be a bit aggressive - my personal schedule is demanding so I am not as frequently on as I would like.

PG
 #29561  by Alex Shaffer
 Mon May 20, 2019 6:30 pm
Patrick Giese wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm
Alex Shaffer wrote:
Patrick Giese wrote:

Patrick
OK - that might be a bit aggressive - my personal schedule is demanding so I am not as frequently on as I would like.

PG
Well I say about 10 as Bree is the start of Book 1, with each race having their own, though the Dwarf and Elf ones merge, prologue arcs that are about 10-15 quests long, with picking up other stuff in the areas tends to make it a decent chunk of time. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Prologue_Quests
The numbers like [5] means it is a level 5 quest, so you should be at least that level before taking it or it will be harder.
 #29564  by Shel Tozer-Kilts
 Mon May 20, 2019 10:19 pm
Patrick Giese wrote:

PG
Actually, it's not as aggressive as you think - I'm already level 7 after just a few hours with a Warden. You should be able to do it in a few days to a week of play - it's basically finishing your starting area (where you are at after finishing the intro, which should spit you out at level 5 or close to it, IIRC). If you're a dwarf, Ered Luin; if you're an elf, Celondim and the hunting lodge area (I can't remember the name of the hub in that area), Archet for humans, etc.

I'm perfectly willing to get to Bree and wait for folks. I can serve as a guide, and possibly funnel some gold to folks from my mains - I've played through the beginning parts of the epic questline soooo many times.

If folks are doing FtP, I would really suggest getting the quest packs as we get into a new area (I know you have all the quests in the starting areas, IIRC, but I think once you get to Bree, you only have the epic questline unless you pay - there are some really amusing side questlines).
 #29565  by Alex Shaffer
 Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 pm
Shel Tozer-Kilts wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:19 pm
Patrick Giese wrote:

PG
Actually, it's not as aggressive as you think - I'm already level 7 after just a few hours with a Warden. You should be able to do it in a few days to a week of play - it's basically finishing your starting area (where you are at after finishing the intro, which should spit you out at level 5 or close to it, IIRC). If you're a dwarf, Ered Luin; if you're an elf, Celondim and the hunting lodge area (I can't remember the name of the hub in that area), Archet for humans, etc.

I'm perfectly willing to get to Bree and wait for folks. I can serve as a guide, and possibly funnel some gold to folks from my mains - I've played through the beginning parts of the epic questline soooo many times.

If folks are doing FtP, I would really suggest getting the quest packs as we get into a new area (I know you have all the quests in the starting areas, IIRC, but I think once you get to Bree, you only have the epic questline unless you pay - there are some really amusing side questlines).
Working to get a Elf Runekeeper there, but working on a few others as well on and off
 #29578  by Cindy Van Wyhe
 Tue May 21, 2019 5:52 pm
I've never played, so started loading the game when I saw this. It took a couple evenings, but finally able to create my character and start :-)

I'll play and see how it goes, but if I'm too slow for the group, you don't have to wait for me.

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!