TRMN

These are the official forums of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association 

• League Bowling

• Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
Report on marksmanship events your chapter has undertaken (pictures and/or videos are very much encouraged), or discuss various board or online games that you've played through the marksmanship program, or even would like to be considered to be added into the program.
 #25017  by Kaye Downing
 Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:59 am
Can I count my League bowling towards marksmanship credit? I bowl weekly on a senior citizen league. The teams consist of 3 to 4 members. I can submit our official league scoring sheet as documentation. We bowl three games and it usually lasts about 2.5 hours. Our league is recognized the US Bowling Congress and we are all members of the organization.

Kaye Downing, CE, Lt.Cmdr. RMN
HMS Atropos
 #25133  by Philip Culmer
 Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 pm
Looking at the Range form, I should think that would fit right into Grenade Launcher - not that I recall ever seeing grenades that big.
 #25139  by Shel Tozer-Kilts
 Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 am
However, you would need to be bowling with either two other TRMN members or one other member and one member witness.

Basically, while almost anything can now qualify for marksmanship credit, you’ve got to have at least three members doing it.

So recruit the rest of your bowling league!
Philip Culmer liked this
 #25149  by Philip Culmer
 Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:50 pm
Indeed - I may have misread that in the original post - I had read it as meaning that the team were all TRMN members.
As you say; if she meant League members then we have a wonderful recruitment opportunity.
Last edited by Philip Culmer on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #25150  by Kaye Downing
 Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 pm
Unfortunately, I am the only TRMN member in the whole league. I am a long-distance member in my chapter. There are no other TRMN members in my area. It is very difficult for me to recruit. I am in my 70's and most people in my age group are not interested in our type of club. I just thought that you had to prove that you participated in a social activity which I can do. Is there anything on line that I can do in order to participate in the marksmanship program? I do play Candy Crush Soda but it is for single players.
Kaye Downing, CE, Lt. Cmdr., RMN
HMS Atropos (BC-363)
Philip Culmer liked this
 #25167  by Philip Culmer
 Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:43 pm
I seem to recall some mention of groups playing World of Tanks and World of Warships together - these are browser games, IIRC. There's also a big thread here about online multiplayer games

Donate

Make a donation for Big Cat Rescue

Make a donation for the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth

About us

Welcome to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association's Forums. We are here to celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in his Honor Harrington books. Our hierarchy structure is set up based on what is in the books. We have gone to great lengths to make sure we are as true to the books as possible, using the books, and input from David Weber and Ad Astra as our guide. We want you to have a positive fandom experience, so please explore all our site has to offer and if you like what you see, feel free to join us. All we ask is that you remember one thing; no matter what you do, Do It With Honor!

Our Conventions

Check out our conventions!